Finding the right home for a Buyer is something we love to do. As North Shore natives, we think this is a wonderful area to live in. Showing people around the North Shore and helping them to discover its many treasures is a pleasure for us. We grew up in Wilmette in a real estate family. Our dad had a 50+ year career as a North Shore Realtor. Our dad was our first mentor and we learned a great deal about helping buyers and sellers from him.
We each have been assisting Buyers in locating and evaluating homes for over 25 years. Our knowledge of the North Shore comes not only from many years of selling homes, but also having rehabbed, built and analyzed numerous homes in the area. Among the services we offer Buyers are the following:
1) Locate Homes & Evaluate:
- a) Vigilantly search for new listings on line and in person and email homes to clients that match their needs on a daily basis. Also input criteria for clients and have matching listings automatically emailed as soon as they are listed.
- b) Make appointments and show all homes that are of interest.
- c) Perform a market evaluation on potential purchase homes to determine a fair price and give my views on the resale potential of the home given its quality, layout, condition and location.
- d) Evaluate all homes as to their condition. I will look at the components of the home and give my opinion as to the value and quality of any upgrades and the general level of maintenance of the home.
- e) Review sales history of the home to determine market time, when it last sold, the price paid, etc.
2) Community Information:
- a) Supply information and 3rd party analysis of schools.
- b) Make client aware of any price fluctuations within a community.
- c) Identify community amenities such as park district facilities, transportation, restaurants, shops, etc.
3) Contract Negotiation:
- a) Use our skill and experience as a real estate broker and attorney to vigorously negotiate the most favorable terms possible for my client.
- b) Make clients aware of what are customary terms, what items are negotiable, and what are the seller’s likely expectations.
- c) Give clients our opinion on what are obtainable terms given a home’s market time, seller’s motivation, etc.
- a) Refer clients to reputable, experienced and fairly priced real estate attorneys, home inspectors, and mortgage professionals.
- b) Always available to refer to reputable contractors.
5) Follow Through Until Closing:
- a) Attend inspection and advise on any issues.
- b) Promptly assist attorney or mortgage professional in obtaining documents or information.
- c) Make sure everything is ready for closing.